Tuesday, September 15, 2026

My First Auction

As we continue Revival tonight, (September 15)  Dr. Jerry Chaddick has been an absolute blessing, preaching right to the heart of the Church.  His passion, energy, joy, and spirit led Bible messages have all been challenges to us, and for us.

Saturday, I had the honor of opening in prayer for Curt and Shelley as they had the auction on the farm for his dad and mom., Earl and Sandy George.  I know it was hard on them, but they certainly honored mom and dad.  Having never been to an auction, maybe just watching a little of one, I had never gotten a number and bid. Saturday was a first and number 216 was waiting to make an appearance.

 Well I may not be a big spender, but did bid on a box that had wooden levels and squares that I am sure were used many times by Earl. One thing I did want was to get a Case Knife that Earl had owned. I was fortunate to do so.  It is the larger of the two white Case Knives in the picture, but there are two other special ones in the photo as well.  The Red Case at the top was given to me one Christmas by Earl and Sandy and has been treasured, but it is largest knife, the black one I want to draw your attention to.  That is the knife that Curt gave me as a pall bearer the day we laid his dad to rest. 

When I think of auctions now, I think of the price God was willing to pay to redeem me. Who would ever imagine that a Holy God would send His best, His only Son, to pay for a debt I could never repay.  After bidding and winning, I kept saying, don't let me leave without paying the tab for what I won. 
The price paid for my sin, was not from me, but from the precious blood of Jesus. 
I will need some advice to keep these knives as sharp as Earl did. Thank you Curt and Shelley. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Auction

As we continue Revival tonight, (September 15)  Dr. Jerry Chaddick has been an absolute blessing, preaching right to the heart of the Church...