Friday, September 18, 2009

Days Of Our Lives


Psalm 90:10
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.


Many times soap operas try to represent some fictional world for others to get involved in. The past few weeks have reminded me of a reality that we all will face if the Lord tarries. Over the past ten days I have had the privilege to preach and be part of three funerals of folks in their nineties.(92,95,95)! This is the exception, and quite unusual. What great lives these had, and just think about the changes they had seen in the world.

The good news is that all three were Christians, saved by the shed blood of Jesus on Calvary's cross. What a tragedy it would be to live a long life according to earthly standards, then die without Christ.

I recently took a ministry trip and drove by myself. On the way back, the thing that encouraged me the most to keep going, was the fact that I was heading home. I knew who was there, and who would be waiting for me.

My prayer is that as we live life, we would be reminded as Christians, of who is waiting for us. Let us live and serve, desiring to please the Lord. Let us make the best use of today, redeeming the time, and remembering that life passes like sand through the hourglass.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revival Means Something To Me

This Sunday, April 21-24 we welcome Dr. Kie Bowman for our Spring Revival.  I have tried for many years to get Kie while he was Pastor of Hy...