Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas: A Few of My Favorite Things

I can't remember a Christmas season that I have enjoyed any more than 2009. Perhaps it is because we are all excited to spend time with our new grandson Aiden. I have been blessed to have wonderful tradition passed down to me.

So to Aiden and all of you, here are a few of my favorite things at Christmas time:
  • Jesus!
  • Family
  • The Christmas Story from the Bible
  • The Music: Favorite Carols ( Oh Holy Night, O Come All Ye Faithful)
  • The buzz in the air of excitement
  • Church Choir programs
  • Children's choirs
  • fudge
  • sleds
  • galoshes (boots?)
  • kids
  • babies
  • Mom's cooking
  • Salad that has mandarin oranges, marshmellows, cocunut, nuts ( You get the picture)
  • Spending on others
  • A great bargain
  • Christmas treat bags at church
  • Red Poinsettias
  • Snow
  • Hearing from friends
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • White Christmas
  • A fire burning
  • A lit tree.

And this brings me to my point. As we were gazing at our tree the other night, all but two strands of lights went out at the same time. It was very sad looking. Renee searched and found out that one strand went out, and after removing and reconnecting, it was soon shining in full beauty. That's the way it is with God. He wants to remove all of the stuff in our lives that keep Him from shining through us. When we connect with Him, people will see Christ is our lives, especially this Christmas.

Merry Christmas from Pastor Greg and Renee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revival Means Something To Me

This Sunday, April 21-24 we welcome Dr. Kie Bowman for our Spring Revival.  I have tried for many years to get Kie while he was Pastor of Hy...