Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stacy's Song Pt . 2

We are now officially in a group of parents known as empty nesters. Here is my review of the wedding of our daughter Stacy to Kyle Herrmann this past Saturday. Two alterations to my tux. Had I worn the second pair of pants with white socks we would have been moonwalking to Thriller. A good cry on Thursday helped relieve some feelings. Beautiful day! Renee looked beautiful! She is a great wife, mom, mamaw. Have never witnessed a more pretty group of girls standing beside the bride. Two nieces, daughter in law, and the rest of the girls I have performed their weddings. One word when I saw Stacy; STUNNING! Her dress was perfect for her. She looked elegant and comfortable. Loved her hair. Packed house! Never knew the impact of four short words as a dad. "Her mother and I." I stepped in at that point and we had a great service. I thank God that I did not ruin it by breaking down. The Lord gave me a great peace through the service. Many friends,tremendous support from both churches. Reception was packed,folks were gracious, food was good, people had fun. But most importantly Stacy and Kyle were pleased. We are blessed to welcome Kyle into our family. The name may have changed for sis, but dad will always be singing her song! Congratulations Mr. And Mrs. Herrmann!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Christmas to Remember!

I must say that I am a lousy blogger having not posted since September, but the Christ of Christmas certainly is worthy.  It has been a rema...