Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Our Gang?

Over the weekend we had our two grandsons Aiden (3) and Eli(1) nicknamed Wreck It Ralph. Over the course of our time together, Aiden and I decided to start a club.  It would be exclusive, we would hand pick who could be in it.  It would be named the "Pistol Pete Club" due to our, I mean my love of the great past Basketball star who is now in heaven, and that I refer to Aiden with this nickname.

I asked Aiden who could be the first one in our exclusive club, and he said "MEMAW"! I forgot to tell him it was a boys club, but Memaw superseded the by laws and jumped to the top of the of list.

Sometimes when I look at the church in America today, we act exclusive.  What I mean is that we act as if some folks can be part of us and others can't. Part of us indicating that we are somehow more important than actually being a Christian. As if the church is for exclusive people.
The Gospel is for you and me and the Bible reminds us that we are all sinners.

Romans 3:10-11
As it is written:"There is none righteous, no, not one;
11There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.   Christianity is exclusive in the fact that you come to God by faith in Jesus Christ. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. For us to act as if there is another way is to not preach the Bible.

The good news, is that the offer of salvation is inclusive to all.
Romans 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Like Aiden and our club, we don't choose who is saved and who is not, that is God's call as He sees and knows our hearts.

Let us continually ask the Lord to help us be salt and light, taking every opportunity to share the hope that is in the Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Christmas to Remember!

I must say that I am a lousy blogger having not posted since September, but the Christ of Christmas certainly is worthy.  It has been a rema...