Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Frozen and Chosen

The holidays have come and gone and we are now settling in to a new year. The winter has been brutal so far. Most of us are longing to see and feel the warmth of the Spring. It is fitting that one of the hit movies this year is "Frozen." We are!

Once again I have stated and hope to read through the Bible, but like many I normally start out strong then fizzle. I don't want to do that this year. By now you have made the decision of whether or not you were serious about any resolution that you have made. In a recent ministrygrid.com leadership lesson by former Pastor of Southeast Christian Church, Bob Russell, he made a statement that really struck home with me as a Pastor.  He said, " Any organization that has been in existence for more than five years runs the risk of having no goals, only activity."
My prayer for our church this year is that we do set goals pursue them, that we don't settle for everything we did last year, but serve the Lord with gladness and a freshness. 

I have noticed in my life that I really do like old songs.  When I say old, I am talking 70's, late 70's, the High School era for Renee and I. I like old hymns and classic southern gospel.  While it is not wrong to do that, when it comes to life in Christ,may my life be one marked by seeing God do new works in us and through us. Throughout Scripture we are called to look back and praise God for what He has done. But let's not stop there, let us trust Him for each step that is front of us and for the new things He has in store.
 

The Psalmist declares that it is the Lord that gives us a new song.
Psalm 33:3    Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.
Psalm 40:3    He has put a new song in my mouth-- Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD.
Psalm 144:9  I will sing a new song to You, O God; On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You,


Praise the Lord that He takes the ordinary, and supernaturally recharges the batteries for us to continue on and serve Him! He puts a new song in us, a song to sing for His glory.

Hello 2014, it is going to be a great year! May the Lord do a new thing in our lives and church!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revival Means Something To Me

This Sunday, April 21-24 we welcome Dr. Kie Bowman for our Spring Revival.  I have tried for many years to get Kie while he was Pastor of Hy...