Monday, August 17, 2009

Shopping

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Recently we came by the new Outlet Mall on opening day, only to discover an unbelievable traffic jam. That told me two things. People like to shop, and people like a good deal. I am the same way to a point. Renee says that I like to shop until I find what I am looking for. After that, I am uninterested ready to go home. Sporting goods, electronics, lawn and garden, hardware, and I'm ready to go.

People shop in all kinds of ways. Some even church shop. We visit and take a look at all a church has to offer, hoping to find one that has the most bang for the buck, for me and my family. After we weigh everything involved, we make our decision. Like retail shopping, sometimes we purchase before we pray about a decision to buy. Think of how costly it could be to join a church without praying about it and seeking the Lord.

I am grateful that as a Christian, I have discovered the greatest deal ever offered in the history of mankind. Jesus died for my sins so that I could have a relationship with a Holy God. The good news is that the offer is still available.

You might be searching and shopping for the answer to life, and you might be frustrated and desperate thinking that you'll never find it.

The good news is that the search can be over. Jesus Christ is the answer! You don't have to shop for a Savior anymore. Invite Him into your heart today. He is patiently waiting to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Christmas to Remember!

I must say that I am a lousy blogger having not posted since September, but the Christ of Christmas certainly is worthy.  It has been a rema...