Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whatever Happened to Mr. Misty?


Ephesians 5:15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. NLT

I can remember as a boy, the dog days of summer. A trip to Dairy Queen by bike, and a grape Mr. Misty. You know, when days seemed really long, and you had all kinds of time to do whatever you wanted to do.

What happened? Everything seems to be rushing by and we hardly have any time at all. The clock still has 24 hour days, and 60 minutes per hour, 60 seconds per minute, that is all the same. It must be us. It is me, I am the one in a hurry.

I believe the Bible teaches us to slowwwww.....downnnn! Paul shared with the Ephesians that we should redeem the time we have today, to make the most of it.

One way I believe the Lord wants us to redeem our time, is to make Him the topic of as many converstions as we can each day. In order to do that we must pray for boldness, and step through the door of opportunity when God opens it.

Remember the sound of the straw when you hit the bottom of your Mr. Misty, the irritating noise, and that sense of disappointment that is almost empty and that the joy is over.

Let me remind you that we still have plenty of summer left to redeem the time. Let's begin today, to slow down a little more than yesterday, and enjoy the work of Christ in our lives, and in the lives of those around us.

I wonder if DQ has a 24 hour drive thru?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Christmas to Remember!

I must say that I am a lousy blogger having not posted since September, but the Christ of Christmas certainly is worthy.  It has been a rema...