Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It All Comes Back To Jesus

"God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him." 1 John 4:9 H CSB

Have you ever thrown a boomerang? Years ago I saw a guy at a kiosk in the mall around Christmas time. I was amazed. He was throwing these paper airplanes toward the ceiling, and they were circling and automatically flying back to him, much like a boomerang.

I had to have it, so I bought one, and soon in my frustration, realized that the success of the return must have something to do with the one who was releasing it.

That picture is a good reminder as we prepare for"Boomerang Express", this years V.B.S. which begins in just over a week.

If we are not careful, as we serve on mission in this great week of learning about Jesus, as a worker, we can feel like a frustrated paper airplane thrower, wondering why that warm feeling doesn't return the way it used to when I worked in V.B.S.

So I pray and want to encourage all of our workers. Let's allow the Lord to release us for His glory as we serve. When He releases us to serve for Him, the joy, excitement, and enthusiasm will return. I pray the focus is on Him.

How do we know that? Because it "all comes back to Jesus."

That is the way life is. We go many different directions in life, but ultimately it will all come back to Jesus. We will all bow our knee to Christ, either as Lord or as judge.
Romans 14:11 (KJV) For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Talk to the Lord today, He knows your heart already!


See You Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. You did our Dad good with this well written article. What a great man he is what a great son you are. Love You Your Sister

    ReplyDelete

Revival Means Something To Me

This Sunday, April 21-24 we welcome Dr. Kie Bowman for our Spring Revival.  I have tried for many years to get Kie while he was Pastor of Hy...