Monday, July 13, 2009

Looking for Jesus

We are in the midst of Vacation Bible School and each year I stand amazed as the kids flood through the doors with great anticipation. The decorations are colorful, the teachers prepared and working hard, the music upbeat and catchy. The crafts are fun and the snacks are looked forward to each night. The missionaries come to life as we see what God is doing all over the world. This is the place to be this week.

One of the exciting things for me as a pastor is to see 92 of our folks On Mission together at the same time serving the Lord by serving the kids. VBS is about the kids meeting Jesus.

I stuck my head in a classroom last night and a little girl said, "Hi Jesus". What a humbling thought. For someone to think that your name is Jesus. Well, I certainly realize I am not, but oh, that my life would glorify the Lord so that people see Jesus in me.

1 comment:

  1. You are the closet some will come to seeing Jesus. Thanks for living a life that reflects Him well, and PTL He still works on us to make us more like Him. So grateful VBS was a success, ours starts 7/20/09.

    ReplyDelete

Revival Means Something To Me

This Sunday, April 21-24 we welcome Dr. Kie Bowman for our Spring Revival.  I have tried for many years to get Kie while he was Pastor of Hy...