I loved how the Gospel story flowed this year in "Galactic Starveyors " Discovering the God of the Universe from Lifeway.
- The Relationship Began
- The Relationship was Broken
- The Relationship Promised
- The Relationship Restored
- The Relationship Continues
We had storms pretty much all week, and had a power outage that caused the kitchen team to change course, but all did a great job.
Here are a few VBS takeaways that God reminded me of last week:
- Serving the Lord is about Him, not us.
- If you don't keep the Gospel the main thing, it will drift into the pool of just another thing.
- It is my job to set the sail for leaders and workers. Prayer is crucial.
- It is wonderful to serve along side Brothers and Sisters in Christ in the trenches.
- We have a number of people that are very gifted.
- Respond with grace.
- Show kids unconditional love.
- Greet parents personally at the end of the night. There were many guests.
- God still uses VBS to mobilize one of the largest groups here at the church serving at the same time.
- Kids are not impressed with fancy, but with fun as they learn.
- There is always a critic in the crowd. Everyone needs encouraged.
- Kids still get saved in Bible School. What a blessing to see tender hearts wanting Jesus to be their Lord and Savior.
- Anything worth doing is never easy.
- Anything done for the Lord is worth it.
- Heaven will reveal the whole story.